[Mageia-dev] Missing packages in Mageia 1. How to backport? (was: Finalizing update process)

Christiaan Welvaart cjw at daneel.dyndns.org
Thu Jun 9 11:40:29 CEST 2011

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011, Maarten Vanraes wrote:

> otoh, perhaps a missing package is also a bugfix... maybe we could file bug
> reports for missing packages and go through the updates route...

Filing bug reports is not a bad idea, even if the new package will go to
backports. Just explain a little why it is important (to fix this in a
stable release).

We probably need a new "version" in bugzilla because mga1+backports is
basically a new distro. A bug in backports shouldn't be filed against "1"
IMHO.

     Christiaan