[Mageia-dev] glib commit problems

mmodem00 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 21:31:51 CEST 2011

2011/6/9 Dexter Morgan <dmorganec at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Zé <mmodem00 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> xmms needs ORbit, that needs glib, and AFAIK these are still
>> maintained apps, and xmms is still a needed buildrequire needed by
>> kdenetwork (its optional but still exists), so i dont understand the
>> hurry to drop these applications.
>
> You don't want to add xmms as a dep of kdenetwork4 w/o asking to mikala.
I havent added anything, and thats not the main problem, and the
buildrequire i add to kdegraphics i did first talked with mikala. I
saw you have removed it again saying it was a bad require, thats not
correct, kgamma needs xf86vm (i know its a dev package thats called by
other apps, thats why i didnt refered anything when you removed it
from kdegraphics.

Regarding xmms, glib and ORbit are apps that should be provided to the user.
The user may still want to build kdenetwork with xmms and currently
mageia isnt providing it.
To remember that exist other apps that need ORbit and glib (and these
are apps that continue being developed) and mageia isnt providing
them.

--
Zé