[Mageia-dev] Missing packages in Mageia 1. How to backport?

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jun 10 12:35:02 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Michael Scherer at 10/06/11 11:29 did gyre and gimble:
> Le vendredi 10 juin 2011 à 09:56 +0100, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
>> 'Twas brillig, and Ahmad Samir at 09/06/11 17:42 did gyre and gimble:
>
>>> But if new package can go directly to updates.. that doesn't look
>>> right to me, because at which point will "new" packages stop going to
>>> a stable release */updates? if it goes on and on, then we're talking
>>> about a semi-cauldron-like repo.
>>
>> So just svn cp it to the /1/updates tree in svn and job's a good 'un.
>> (well svn cp is no longer just one step due to source separation, but
>> the principle is the same!).
>
> The bin repository is a different svn, so it will not work.

Isn't that what I said? (I referred to the binary sources as just
"source"). I maintain the principle is still the same albeit we need to
do a bit more tweaking/scripting, or am I missing something?

mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]