[Mageia-dev] Missing packages in Mageia 1. How to backport?

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 10 16:27:28 CEST 2011

James Kerr <jim at jkerr82508.free-online.co.uk> schrieb am 10.06.2011
> Even though backports are disabled rpmdrake can display a list of
> available backports. (The sources are automatically updated by
> mgaonline.)
I make you parden, but: no!

When a repo is disabled it doesn't get updated automatically and its
packages are not to be found in rpmdrake.
Did you confuse "disabling repos" and "marking a repo for updates"
(sorry, me doesn't know the exact English strings).

So you have to enable the backports repos and even though you don't
"mark them as update repos", urpmi will ignore that (rpmdrake won't
but urpmi will) and will update everything from those repos...

Oliver