[Mageia-dev] GNOME 2.32 borked

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Fri Jun 10 18:05:08 CEST 2011

Just updated and rebooted a system which was last rebooted Jun 7, and
both GDM and KDM fail to log into my GNOME DE with a greyish popup
saying "failed to load your GNOME session".

/var/log/gdm/0.log shows a segfault backtrace in fglrx, but this could
be a red herring, since KDE starts fine for the same user.

The GNOME configuration for the user seems to be OK, because booting an
earlier Mageia beta logs into the DE just fine.

I've avoided installing GNOME3 by using urpmi --keep, but maybe some
GNOME3 package slipped through that doesn't depend on the ones that want
to remove 2.32 ?

Anybody else ?