[Mageia-dev] GNOME 2.32 borked

Daniel Le Berre le.berred at free.fr
Fri Jun 10 18:37:53 CEST 2011

Le 10/06/2011 18:05, Frank Griffin a écrit :
> Just updated and rebooted a system which was last rebooted Jun 7, and
> both GDM and KDM fail to log into my GNOME DE with a greyish popup
> saying "failed to load your GNOME session".
>
> /var/log/gdm/0.log shows a segfault backtrace in fglrx, but this could
> be a red herring, since KDE starts fine for the same user.
>
> The GNOME configuration for the user seems to be OK, because booting an
> earlier Mageia beta logs into the DE just fine.
>
> I've avoided installing GNOME3 by using urpmi --keep, but maybe some
> GNOME3 package slipped through that doesn't depend on the ones that want
> to remove 2.32 ?
>
> Anybody else ?

Got the same problem this morning on a Mageia 1 RC that had not been
updated for two weeks, and that I updated yesterday.

(I wanted to keep it on MGA 1, but noticed too late that the
repositories pointed to cauldron because it has not been updated with
the right mga-release. I tried to avoid updating mga2 package, but go some)

Same error message. Switched to icewm to be able to work.

Daniel