[Mageia-dev] Minimal patching vs. fixing the whole Universe

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 22 23:27:52 CEST 2011

> Actually, I said that the shebang should be removed altogether. Which
> is what was being done all those years calibre existed in the Mandriva
> repos (the same for Fedora, since they do remove the shebang, as the
> calibre spec was originally imported from Fedora, which I said in the
> report too).

Yes, I noticed in the spec a set of sed lines supposed to remove all the shebangs.
However, somehow, setup.py adds them back at some point, even replacing python with python2.

As long as, in the end, replacing python2 with python makes the application work, why should _anyone_ care?
Calibre's developer had his idiosyncrasies, why should the downstream take over his app?

R-C aka beranger