[Mageia-dev] Proposal of a backporting process

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sun Jun 26 13:38:16 CEST 2011

Le dimanche 26 juin 2011 à 13:10 +0300, Sander Lepik a écrit :
> 26.06.2011 12:35, Michael Scherer kirjutas:
> > urpme package; urpmi package
> >
> That's not so easy if something depends on that package. How hard is it to implement rpm's
> "--oldpackage" to urpmi? I really don't know but i hope it's nothing too hard.

See the thread about policy, and the part about "only packages that
nothing requires should be backported".

Regarding the rollback ( because, that's how it is called ), there is a
lot of conference dedicated on this topic, the latest one being that
http://www.slideshare.net/johngt/improving-rollback-in-linux-via-dsl-approach-distributing , just before the one I gave about mageia at FOSDEM.

You can also take a look at the mancoosi research project, read the
discussion over that at cooker@ ( somewhere around
http://lists.mandriva.com/cooker/2010-11/msg00401.php ), and read the
rest of the thread where it was already proposed :
http://www.mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-dev/20101008/001021.html ( point
4 ).

--
Michael Scherer