[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release kdenlive-0.8.2-1.mga2

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Mon Nov 7 22:13:53 CET 2011

Op zondag 06 november 2011 01:25:14 schreef John Balcaen:
> 2011/11/5 Zézinho <lists.jjorge at free.fr>:
> > Em 06-11-2011 00:32, Juan Luis Baptiste escreveu:
> >> Juancho maybe we should push it also on updates because according to

> >> So it would be safe to push both to updates_testing, right ?
> >
> > I think we should not provide a new version as update : it is in our
> > policy!
>
> Yep that's our policy.
> However here this package is fixing *151* bugs & providing only 6 new
> features.. in thoses 151 bugs there's several crash fixes , memory leaks
> fix & corruption which can be a big problem for people using it.

i guess one could either ship this as update, or isolate the 151 bugs as
patches and put them on the current package...

the point of updates is to have fixing bugs and not introducing new bugs from
the new features...

i light of the idea behind the rules, i would say that this package could be a
either an update or a backport... maybe a ruling for only this package is
required to do so?