[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release kdenlive-0.8.2-1.mga2

José Jorge jjorge at free.fr
Mon Nov 7 23:52:50 CET 2011

Le lundi 7 novembre 2011 22:13:53, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> i light of the idea behind the rules, i would say that this package could
> be a  either an update or a backport... maybe a ruling for only this
> package is required to do so?

6 features introduced in Kdenlive 0.8.2

I don't like this idea, because a new version is also new features, and so new
bugs. What if we end with a new outstanding bug that is more important than
the old crashes? We will have to revert back, using an epoch.

Yes we are waiting for backports for a long time, but it is upstream
responsibility to maintain released versions. They don't do that, so we only
should send new ( mlt + kdenlive + openshot) to backports.

I feel I know this problem well, as I worked a lot with kdenlive :
http://lachuteduneplume.free.fr/?Technical

If an update had bumped me to 0.6, my work would have been lost, this is NOT
what I expect from an update.