[Mageia-dev] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Kamil Rytarowski n54 at gmx.com
Wed Nov 9 04:18:17 CET 2011

On 07.11.2011 13:33, Pierre Jarillon wrote:
> Le lundi 7 novembre 2011 12:36:07, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
>> This is my scratch of the project, read for more info
>> http://www.mandrivauser.de/mga-testwiki/index.php/Overview
>> http://www.mandrivauser.de/mga-testwiki/index.php/Proposals
> Great job!
> IMO, this looks like the File Hierarchical Structure 17 years ago.
> Unix systems were all a little different and the use of /etc, /var/, udr/...
> was not standardized.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard
>
> It is necessary to have a written standard for spell-checkers:
> 1- interfaces
> 2- data
> 3- a repository for the datas (contributors welcome)
>
> The independance of datas, software and interfaces should be great to preserve
> the future.
Yes.
In my opinion we should guarantee and fix up a room for possible future
spell checker(s).

I dislike an idea of mainaing concurrently
ispell/aspell/myspell/hunspell + voikko and hspell. In Mageia (skipping
Perl) there are slighty more then 100 packages / maintainer.Maintaining
each one of these spell checkers + its dictionaries needs statistically
at least 1 full time maintainer.