[Mageia-dev] [RFC] prefer dma rather than postfix in prefer.vendor.list for msec mga1 -> mga2 upgrade

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Wed Nov 9 22:36:12 CET 2011

Am 09.11.2011 21:41, schrieb Anssi Hannula:
> On 09.11.2011 22:34, Florian Hubold wrote:

>>> What configuration ?
>>> AFAIK, Postfix work out of the box for the use case of msec/cron, mail
>>> sent to root are delivered to root mailbox, unless someone added a
>>> aliase.

>>> the same file, thus requiring the same configuration, or needing the
>>> same declaration of a smart host ).
>>>
>>> Wouldn't it be better to send everything to /var/log if no mta are
>>> found ?
>>> ( ie, do something like that :
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NoMTA ). We have the proper
>>> version of cronie ( I hope ), so what prevent us ?
>>>
>> msec already sends everything also to /var/log, which was disregarded
>> in last discussion because normal users don't look there and it
>> slowly adds up on diskspace.
> Normal users also do not read local mailboxes and the mailboxes slowly
> add up on diskspace.

Well, normal users requested this.

Still this doesn't answer what to do about the migration mga1->2,
which you asked about on IRC. So what do we do about it?

Your opinion seems we should remove sendmail-command
Require from msec, and let it only write to /var/log/security
and not do anything as it was before?

Then i wonder why we had the discussion about msec
and MTA in the first place.