[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release kdenlive-0.8.2-1.mga2

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Nov 15 07:40:13 CET 2011

Le lundi 14 novembre 2011 à 19:29 -0300, Balcaen John a écrit :
> Le lundi 14 novembre 2011 23:17:32 zezinho a écrit :
> > Le lundi 14 novembre 2011 20:23:40, Juan Luis Baptiste a écrit :
> > > So what is the final decision about this ? is there going to be an
> > > update or not ?
> >
> > I vote no, let's wait for backports, like all other new versions.
> i not agree at all because
>  - we did it for KDE SC 4.6 (upgrading from 4.6.3 to 4.6.5).
>  - the list of bug fixes  (especially the number of crash & corruption fix)
>  - it's a *minor* version not a major one

The policy is not about minor version, it is bugfixes only. Not
everybody make the distinction between minor and major, especially for
software developpers.

And again, the question of QA is here. Since we didn't detect the
regression ( and since there is so much crashes to fix, and sine
everybody think that's important enough to bypass our policy, according
to people in the thread ), how do people plan to make sure the most
obvious one are corrected ?

Do we have open bug reports about them, with clear reproducer ?

And do at least someone plan to use kdenlive enough to say "this fixed
the bug I have been seeing before" ?

Or do we plan to do "it started, so it is good enough, let's ship it" ?
--
Michael Scherer