[Mageia-dev] Filing a hardware related bug??

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Sun Nov 27 14:10:20 CET 2011

Op zondag 27 november 2011 13:55:36 schreef Robert Fox:
> On the bugzilla website when filing a new bug, the choices are:
>
> Installer
> New RPM Package Request
> RPM Packages
> Release (media or process)
> Security
>
> How do I file a hardware related bug?
>
> I have a Sennheiser DW Pro 1 dect headset which supports USB to PC:
> http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headsets_offi
> ce_wireless-series_504304
>
> When I try and use it under latest Cauldron - the system freezes (mouse
> moves but can't do anything else) - when I disconnect it (switch to
> telephone side - the system responds again. No error messages etc.
>
> I have tested this under Ubuntu 11.10 and Mint 12 which do not have the
> hanging problem - the USB audio device works (but the microphone is REAL
> quiet)
>
> So something is wrong with our kernel (I suspect):
[...]

rpm package

and fill in kernel or if that module is in a different package (eg: dkms-*) file
under that package

( if it'd be really a hardware bug, that means it wouldn't be software and
then you shouldn't file it with us :-) )

it's true however that that may not be as easy to find out the categories.

I think a good way would be to have a small ajax widget there that can look up
files in what packages and then that could be used as source rpm?