[Mageia-dev] Teamviewer and X86_64 build . . .

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Nov 28 11:40:21 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Guillaume Rousse at 28/11/11 10:32 did gyre and gimble:
> Le 28/11/2011 11:28, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
>> There were a few requests for TeamViewer in my local Mageia site - I
>> suggest to add it to our repositories (probably as tainted and as a
>> downloading script).
> They are better ways to contribute to the distribution than helping
> 'poor little users' to install crappy proprietary software. Such as
> writing documentation about dependency management, for instance.

That as it may be, but it doesn't make this kind of helper package any
less useful.

While you are at it, it would be nice if we could have a google talk
plugin package...

The upstream one does funny things with it's scripts relating to setting
up urpmi repositories etc.

I'm not necessarily against an upstream repository, but we should make
it easier than the hacky way they do it (modifying urpmi setup via a
cronjob as they cannot modify mid transaction... uggggg!

This is off-topic tho'.. maybe one for Pascal Terjan seeing as this is
kinda his field :D