[Mageia-dev] Teamviewer and X86_64 build . . .

Robert Fox list at foxconsult.net
Mon Nov 28 11:45:44 CET 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 11:32 +0100, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Le 28/11/2011 11:28, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
> > There were a few requests for TeamViewer in my local Mageia site - I
> > suggest to add it to our repositories (probably as tainted and as a
> > downloading script).
> They are better ways to contribute to the distribution than helping
> 'poor little users' to install crappy proprietary software. Such as
> writing documentation about dependency management, for instance.

Guillaume - it may be "crappy proprietary software" - but in order to
support various Mac/Winblows users - I need this. and would prefer to
stay under Linux using it!  I have used it in the past without issue.

There a few "key" proprietary softwares which make the Linux work a bit
easier to integrate and play nice with the others . . . Like Skype,
Picasa & Teamviewer (to name a few).  Other distros get this (like Linux
Mint!):

http://www.liberiangeek.net/2010/04/how-to-install-teamviewer-on-linux-mint-and-connect-to-windows/

Let's not be so elitist here . . .

Thx,