[Mageia-dev] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:35:53 CET 2011

hi,

On 11/11/07 12:36 +0100, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> We have in Mageia concurrently ispell, aspell, myspell and hunspell
> + voikko and hspell.

i just got assigned a bug report to drop perl-Lingua-Ispell. that's fine
for me (since the package is not a dependency for other packages), but
how are we supposed to make this move?

i don't want to add a provides: / obsoletes: in other packages, since
that's not a one for one api-compliant replacement.

so i there some kind of meta-package which is responsible for obsoleting
packages that should be uninstalled?

thanks,
jérôme