[Mageia-dev] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Mon Nov 28 23:28:45 CET 2011

Jerome Quelin a écrit :
> hi,
>
> On 11/11/07 12:36 +0100, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>
>> We have in Mageia concurrently ispell, aspell, myspell and hunspell
>> + voikko and hspell.
>>
> i just got assigned a bug report to drop perl-Lingua-Ispell. that's fine
> for me (since the package is not a dependency for other packages), but
> how are we supposed to make this move?
>
> i don't want to add a provides: / obsoletes: in other packages, since
> that's not a one for one api-compliant replacement.
>
> so i there some kind of meta-package which is responsible for obsoleting
> packages that should be uninstalled?
>
> thanks,
> jérôme

Why not do what boklm suggested on Mageia-dev (2011-11-20 18:01) :
----
There is a directory to move old packages that are no longer needed, but
still keep them available in case they are needed later :
svn://svn.mageia.org/svn/packages/obsolete/

So you can move the package there instead of removing it :
svn mv svn+ssh://svn.mageia.org/svn/packages/cauldron/<pkg>  svn+ssh://svn.mageia.org/svn/packages/obsolete/
----

or alternately, as suggested by someone else :
----
Just svn rm<adress_sv_ssh>/cauldron/<pkg>/current I think
----

--
André