[Mageia-dev] Consolidation of the spelling tools in Mageia

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 09:06:03 CET 2011

hi,

On 11/11/28 17:28 -0500, andre999 wrote:
> >so i there some kind of meta-package which is responsible for obsoleting
> >packages that should be uninstalled?
>
> Why not do what boklm suggested on Mageia-dev (2011-11-20 18:01) :
> ----
> There is a directory to move old packages that are no longer needed, but
> still keep them available in case they are needed later :
> svn://svn.mageia.org/svn/packages/obsolete/
>
> So you can move the package there instead of removing it :
> svn mv svn+ssh://svn.mageia.org/svn/packages/cauldron/<pkg>  svn+ssh://svn.mageia.org/svn/packages/obsolete/
> ----
>
> or alternately, as suggested by someone else :
> ----
> Just svn rm<adress_sv_ssh>/cauldron/<pkg>/current I think
> ----

you don't answer the question. i'm not asking what to do in svn, that's
pretty easy. but if we do only what you suggest, then the packages will
stay installed on systems upgraded from mageia 1. and if the package is
unmaintained, we don't want that to happen: we want the package to be
uninstalled from all mageia 2 installs.

the question is: how? which package is to obsolete the list of unwanted
softs?

jérôme