[Mageia-dev] Teamviewer and X86_64 build . . .

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 29 10:14:28 CET 2011

Am Dienstag, 29. November 2011, 10:07:16 schrieb Robert Fox:
> We are not proposing that such packages be included in the ISOs - just
> available in a repository which we can trust and know that it works . .
And that's the problem. As misc pointed out, we can't really trust proprietary
stuff. No one has any control on the contents of those programms.
And thus we cannot guarantee, that it works. If we add such a package now, it
might work now, but what happens, if we change any library or whatever?
And since it's not OpenSource, we can't fix it, if it's broken.

And to be honest: What is so complicated about installing skype, teamviewer or
whatever proprietary crap from the vendor's homepage?
Oh sure, it might force you to read a bit about what you are doing :/

Oliver