[Mageia-dev] RPM features/issues/wishlist

Per Øyvind Karlsen peroyvind at mandriva.org
Fri Oct 14 17:25:01 CEST 2011

2011/10/14 nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>:
> On Fri, 14 Oct 2011, Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote:

>> > Just in case you don't know, Mageia is using rpm.org, not rpm5. So
>> > discussing rpm5 features is offtopic on mageia-dev. If you want to
>> > discuss rpm.org features, then the correct list is probably
>> > rpm-maint at lists.rpm.org, not mageia-dev.
>> I don't really give a damn about which rpm version or not, I'm asking
>> for R&D purposes
>> and with the idea of it being of interest and use to others.
>
> Then again, why don't you discuss this on rpm-maint at lists.rpm.org ?
Because I had more interest in the users of rpm on distros (initially) based on
Mandriva Linux, keep in mind that that the 'rpm' package alone doesn't make
up nearly all of it's distro integration (think of in terms of
policies, additional
helper scripts, policies, tools, dependency solver etc.)..

Reason for posting to rpm5.org and not rpm.org is simply because I'm actively
involved in that project and it's where I will do most of my
development directly.

For any new features and ideas (be it from this or in general), it's
usually trivial
to port it across different rpm versions, regardless of originally
being implemented
in rpm 4.9/5.3/4.4/3.14159/x.y.z, and I'd be happy to assist with it
in one direction
or the other. :)

I do believe you guys have an interest in R&D, with ideas and features requests
as well? :)

--
Regards,
Per Øyvind