[Mageia-dev] [qa-discuss] Packages requiring linking for updates already in Core Updates

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 03:21:12 CEST 2011

on Sat, 15 Oct 2011 09:24
in the Usenet newsgroup gmane.linux.mageia.devel
Samuel Verschelde wrote:

[snip]
> They weren't required according to urpmq --requires-recursive, but there's a
> limitation in urpmq --requires-recursive when there are alternatives : if
> package A requires B or C, then urpmq won't list the dependencies of B and C
> recursively. Some call that a bug, I prefer to call that a "how the hell could
> we do differently?" feature :)

There could be an interactive option and ask questions like
urpmi does.

There could be an, "accept first choice" option.

There could be a list of selections passed as a command
line option.

There could be an option to include all possible choices
(and label the resulting list as possibly excessive).

Continue with current behaviour and label the result as
incomplete when this happens, maybe listing the un-made
choices.