[Mageia-dev] HEADSUP: glibc-2.14.1 landing...

Per Øyvind Karlsen peroyvind at mandriva.org
Sat Oct 22 07:21:25 CEST 2011

2011/10/21 Thomas Backlund <tmb at mageia.org>:
> 21.10.2011 20:22, Thomas Backlund skrev:
>>
>> So, Thierry confirmed he does not get any segfaults anymore, and it's
>> stable here too, so I will push it to Cauldron /release now...
>>
>> Please note that I have to wait until glibc-2.14.1-1.mga2 is built and
>> available, before I can push locales-2.14.1-1.mga2.
>>
>> So just wait until locales are available before you upgrade
>> (otherwise you get a suggestion to remove half the system)
>>

> And now both are built and available on primary mirror, so they should soon
> appear on the mirrors...
>
> Please remember that you _must_ reboot after it is installed for it to
> work correctly.
Hm, I'm wondering why you're not syncing glibc with cooker, these
issues does not affect our glibc version, and even if you're still
keen on sticking with 2.14.1, I made tons of fixes and cleanups when
updating the glibc package in relation to glibc 2.14.90 in cooker that
you're most like to enjoy and also make maintenance easier and size of
glibc smaller..

At least you're now aware of it if you'd happen to catch the interest.. :)

--
Regards,
Per Øyvind