[Mageia-dev] HEADSUP: glibc-2.14.1 landing...

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Sat Oct 22 14:31:52 CEST 2011

Per Øyvind Karlsen skrev 22.10.2011 08:21:

> Hm, I'm wondering why you're not syncing glibc with cooker, these
> issues does not affect our glibc version, and even if you're still
> keen on sticking with 2.14.1, I made tons of fixes and cleanups when
> updating the glibc package in relation to glibc 2.14.90 in cooker that
> you're most like to enjoy and also make maintenance easier and size of
> glibc smaller..
>
> At least you're now aware of it if you'd happen to catch the interest.. :)

Well, I consider glibc to be a critical base component, so I decided to
stick with a stable 2.14.1 release atleast for now.

Since 2.14.90 is the "unstable" becoming 2.15, but I dont the planned
release schedule, and I dont want to ship Mageia 2 with an "unstable"
branch.

As for the fixes you have done, there are atleast some interesting ones,
but I wanted this one out first with "minimal" changes to try and keep
it stable.

Now when there is a solid base the other changes can be reviewed and
done with small steps so we detect any regressions :)

--
Thomas