[Mageia-dev] systemd vs dm

Dick Gevers dvgevers at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 17 13:28:06 CEST 2011

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 12:02:50 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote about Re:
[Mageia-dev] systemd vs dm:

>What would be useful is to find the pid of rsyslog (mine is 1505), and
>then do:
>[root at jimmy ~]# cat /proc/1505/cgroup
>8:blkio:/
>7:net_cls:/
>6:freezer:/
>5:devices:/
>4:memory:/
>3:cpuacct,cpu:/system/rsyslog.service
>2:cpuset:/
>1:name=systemd:/system/rsyslog.service

Aha! Mine:
8:blkio:/
7:net_cls:/
6:freezer:/
5:devices:/
4:memory:/
3:cpuacct,cpu:/system/sysinit.service
2:cpuset:/
1:name=systemd:/system/sysinit.service

So this shows up the error

>If it looks similar to mine then it has been started by systemd but it's
>somehow "lost" that info.
>

>I wonder, do you do anything special with either /var /var/run or /run
>directories? Are they on separate partitions or anything?

Nope, nothing done, nothing separate.

But looking at rpm -qa |grep init:
initscripts-9.21-12.mga1
mkinitrd-6.0.93-25.mga2
module-init-tools-3.16-1.mga2
systemd-sysvinit-35-3.mga2
sysvinit-tools-2.87-10.mga1
xinit-1.3.1-1.mga2
xinitrc-2.4.21-1.mga2

I suspect that sysvinit-tools might have to be removed, but it is required
by initscripts. So that would show up some missing package conflicts and ph
the cause of the rsyslog start.

Ciao,
=Dick Gevers=