[Mageia-dev] [RFC] msec (nail) can't send reports to local users accounts - require an MTA?

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Wed Sep 28 22:18:20 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 28 September 2011 21:31, andre999 wrote:
> If we send emails to root and they aren't noticed and removed, they
> will accumulate and eventually occupy a lot of disk space.

One solution to that is to add the first user in the aliases file as the recipient of mail to root. Or maybe prompt for who should receive mail to the administrator.
On Debian, postfix ensures on install that someone receive root's mail. Maybe even prompts for the username or email address. I don't quite remember how.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324