[Mageia-dev] GNOME 3.2 or 3.4 for Mageia 2?

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Thu Sep 29 21:33:59 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 29 septembre 2011 20:28:33, Olav Vitters a écrit :
> On http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=iso2:technical_specification it
>
> has:
> | Number	Description	Proposed by	Comment 	Bugzilla
> | 045.	Gnome 3.2x	dmorgan
>
> Found the schedule at
> http://blog.mageia.org/en/2011/07/17/mageia-2-release-cycle-support-and-pla
> nning/: Alpha 1 : 16/11/2011
>     Alpha 2 : 14/12/2011
>     Beta 1 : 20/01/2012
>     Versions freeze : 06/02/2012
>     Artwork freeze: 10/02/2012
>     i18n freeze: 10/02/2012
>     Beta 2 : 14/02/2012
>     Releases freeze : 06/03/2012
>     RC : 09/03/2012
>     Final Release: 04/04/2012
>

> Now, the (likely) GNOME 3.4 schedule
> )https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointThree) has: UI freeze:	February 20 2012
> String freeze:	March 05 2012
> Code freze:	March 19 2012
> 3.4 release:	March 28 2012
>
> The last 3.2 release (3.2.2): Nov 16 2011
>

> My proposal is to use GNOME 3.4 for Mageia 2 as these freezes (to me) seem
> to integrate well.

For PR reasons, GNOME 3.4 would be great, but I fear that will not be feasible
without delaying the Mageia 2 release date, and I'm not sure such a decision
will be taken (if you do it for one upstream project, why not for this other
project that releases 15 days laters, or that new kernel that looks great,
etc.).

However, how great is GNOME 3.4 going to be as compared to 3.2.2 ? :)

Samuel