[Mageia-dev] Java-Policy first draft published

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Jan 11 12:27:48 CET 2011

Le mardi 11 janvier 2011 à 08:17 +0100, Farfouille a écrit :
> Le 11/01/2011 00:00, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> >
> > Le lundi 10 janvier 2011 à 21:02 +0100, Farfouille a écrit :
> >
> > The part about Requires should IMHO be pushed in rpm dependency solver .
> Apologize for maybe a noob question (btw I'm a noob packager waiting for his turn to be trained ;) )
> but what do you mean by 'rpm dependency solver' ?
> Is is a tool to resolve dependencies at user installation time ?
> A simple link to some kind of explaination will be a perfect answer.

It is a script that add requires on build.
For example, each time there is a python script, rpm notice it and add
the requires on python.

See /usr/lib/rpm/find-requires and /usr/lib/rpm/mandriva/find-requires

> > I am not sure for the requires on jpackages-utils, could we explain what
> > it bring ?
> I'll dig on that during my launch break
> >
> > The same goes for maven and Requires(post), postun. This should be
> > detected by rpm., and we should use filetrigger.
> Same noob question for filetrigger

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Tasks/Packaging/Tools/RPM/Filetriggers
Basically, if you need to run the same set of script when you add a file
somewhere ( like, a menu using xdg ), then a file trigger enable to do
it for you once and for all.

The goal of both tools is to minimize manual addition to the specs. If
we do always the same task, then the computer can do it for us, this
allow us to concentrate on others tasks, ensure that no deviation
occurs, and so increase reliability and quality.
--
Michael Scherer