[Mageia-dev] Java-Policy first draft published

Daniel Kreuter daniel.kreuter85 at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 13 09:20:00 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Frank Griffin <ftg at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> No they won't.  They won't know anything about the distinction between
> installing via RPM or via tarball.  They'll look in rpmdrake for Eclipse
> initially, install it from there, and then use the normal Eclipse
> mechanism to install plugins.  They'll do this because we tell them to
> use rpmdrake to look for software, and they'll do the plugins the way
> they're used to or the way the Eclipse docs tell them to.

I don't agree with you at that point. I always take the tarball from
eclipse.org (for eclipse) or netbeans.org (for netbeans) instead of the
one's of repository provided by the distro.
The reason is quite simple, the one's mentioned above are newer than the
one's in the repos (often, not always but everywhere i looked for it, it was
so)

But there may be people who will first look in rpmdrake or urpmi that's
right, but not everybody.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Greetings