[Mageia-dev] Compatibility: %mdkversion macro?

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 19:45:24 CET 2011

Op maandag 17 januari 2011 18:23:55 schreef Thierry Vignaud:
> On 17 January 2011 16:58, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> >> Given the fact that rpm5 is drifting away from the usage of %mkrel for
> >> using %distepoch, I truly doubt this will happen.
> >
> > I think the mkrels will stay for a while tho' (for ease of backporting)
> > so I think we'll have some "breathing space" in this regard. I suspect
> > that once all the wrinkles are ironed out, that we'll also go down the
> > RPM5 route (which will hopefully be easier for us then), in which case
> > the distepoch will likely become used by us too.
>
> what for?
> I would rather stick with other mainstream rpm-based distro and remain
> with rpm.org

i would as well, however, it might be that rpm5 will become mainstream later
on. However, i do think we should agree on using rpm.org until such a time
that rpm5 is stable by other rpm-based distro's

personally, i would like some new features, and i'm prepared to work on it; so
I might help with maintaining current rpm.