[Mageia-dev] meeting for packagers tonight

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Wed Feb 16 20:47:09 CET 2011

Le mercredi 16 février 2011 19:58:45, Maarten Vanraes a écrit :
> some initial thoughts:
>  - upgraded artwork, where available

artwork team probably already on it

trivial. Have you filed a bug on http://bugs.bugzilla.org ?

>  - the KDE black background issue if possible

I'm tempted to answer "no, we plan to keep it broken" :). For this one also I
guess a simple bug report will be enough (if it has not been already filed).

>  - rescue would be usefull

I guess there will be one, but I don't see that as an urgent task.

>  - if possible some smaller isos, since most other packages can be found
> online, and i'm pretty sure most people don't need all this? if possible <
> 700MB ?

The blog post says live CDs will come later.

> also, i would like to discuss if it would be possible to modify vboxvideo
> detection so that vbox3 packaged with mandriva could work with either vesa
> or vboxvideo3 instead of vboxvideo (just so it won't crash); this due to
> the upgrade path from mandriva 2010.1 .

I guess you already opened a bug for that :)

Regards

Samuel Verschelde