[Mageia-dev] RPM5 AND MAGEIA

Hoyt Duff hoytduff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 02:13:18 CET 2011

On 3/8/11, Per Øyvind Karlsen <peroyvind at mandriva.org> wrote:
> 2011/3/8 Balcaen John <balcaen.john at gmail.com>:
>> Le Tuesday 08 March 2011 18:11:11, Per Øyvind Karlsen a écrit :
> I know, could've done better to get points across with shorter and greater
> consistence, which could've made it clearer that it was just as much an
> attempt
> at defusing a silly situation with some irony and sarcasm.

I have not seen that approach ever work well in any forum except where
all the conversations take place in the same language with all native
speakers. Much of irony and sarcasm is lost in the translation and
even when done well are typically missed by the person they are
targeted against.

Concise and non-clever usually wins these debates in the least amount of time.

--
Hoyt