[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Wed Mar 23 17:08:11 CET 2011

Quote: Robert Xu wrote on Wed, 23 March 2011 16:09

> Trinity Qt4 support is experimental, you can see it in
> SVN.trinitydesktop.org

I'm aware of that, that's why I said we need qt3-devel re-enabled in the
QT3 package.
I don't want to build the current version with experimental QT4 support.

> And truthfully, if you want to bring Trinity to Mageia, you should
> wait for release 3.5.13 - because with an autoconf > 2.63, the build
> breaks.

I'm aware of the autoconf issue but I found a workaround [1] and I have
managed to build a libtqtinterface RPM so far with the workaround.

Are you a TrinityDE developer?
I saw your name on the trinity-dev ML.
If yes then maybe you could be a great help for packaging up TrinityDE on
Mageia, if you feel like helping with it. :)

Do you know when 3.5.13 will be released? Is the release imminent?
If it's imminent then I agree it's best to wait.

[1]
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/packages/libtqtinter
face/libtqtinterface.spec

--