[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Robert Xu robxu9 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 18:32:09 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:08, Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org> wrote:
> I'm aware of the autoconf issue but I found a workaround [1] and I have
> managed to build a libtqtinterface RPM so far with the workaround.

I recommend seeing this message:
http://trinity-users.pearsoncomputing.net/?0::593

> Are you a TrinityDE developer?
> I saw your name on the trinity-dev ML.
> If yes then maybe you could be a great help for packaging up TrinityDE on
> Mageia, if you feel like helping with it. :)

I do it for Fedora, and partially for openSUSE with the KDE:KDE3 maintainer.
I was going to do some for Mandriva, but I've got a lot on my hands
and not a lot of experience with Mandriva/Mageia macros and that
stuff, so I can help, but someone else has to maintain the spec ;)

(PM me for more info on packaging Trinity, including write access to
the trinity's SVN for packaging)

> Do you know when 3.5.13 will be released? Is the release imminent?
> If it's imminent then I agree it's best to wait.

Sadly, no. The real goal of 3.5.13 at the moment is porting to cmake,
which is a long and tedious process.
If anyone knew cmake well, i'm sure we could speed up the process dramatically.

3.5.14 and 3.5.15 will bring the depreciation of hal and the migration
to qt4, respectively (AFAIK)

--
later, Robert Xu