[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE =?iso-8859-1?q?3=2E5=09successor?=)

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 20:36:21 CET 2011

Op woensdag 23 maart 2011 19:22:08 schreef nicolas vigier:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Robert Xu wrote:
> > And I hate to double post, but I do know that the %configure_kde3
> > macro should point to /opt/kde3... :)
>
> So that means that all KDE applications will be twice on the repository,
> one for KDE4, and one for TDE ? I think that can be confusing for users.
>
> Packaging and maintaining this is probably a huge task, and can maybe
> cause problems to KDE users if only done half, or incorrectly. I think
> it would be better to start with an external repository. And only import
> on the main repository once everything is working and we have someone
> who plans to maintain it.

I think this is the big point here. if there isn't anyone willing to maintain
qt3, and someone willing to maintain TDE to the point that it doesn't conflict
at any point with KDE4 and KDE4 apps.

personally i think that by the time this is well enough tested to be put in to
core/testing, that TDE will likely have "enough" qt4 support. So, if i was
someone who used that, i would build it locally for myself and test it
gradually that way, and not really bother with the whole submission, and
maintaining of every app... (which is likely alot of work; unless noone uses
it)