[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Wed Mar 23 22:29:09 CET 2011

Quote: Balcaen John wrote on Wed, 23 March 2011 22:05

> But as i said before (like others), you should first try to build it
> locally,
> check it's working, intergrate nicely for menu,kdm  then we'll start
> thinking
> about providing an alternative repository.

It goes without saying that I would first build everything locally and test
it, I always do that with every package I work on.

But like I said, I think a separate/third party repo is a very bad idea,
the whole point of Mageia was that (unlike with Mandriva) finally all
contributors could join their efforts rather than having separate third
party repos all over the place.

If now this is no longer the case then I don't really see the point in
participating in Mageia as packager.

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/