[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Balcaen John balcaen.john at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:15:47 CET 2011

On Wednesday 23 March 2011 18:29:09, Tux99 wrote:
[...]
> It goes without saying that I would first build everything locally and test
> it, I always do that with every package I work on.
Nice to hear ;o)

> But like I said, I think a separate/third party repo is a very bad idea,
> the whole point of Mageia was that (unlike with Mandriva) finally all
> contributors could join their efforts rather than having separate third
> party repos all over the place.
The idea of an alternative repository was to test it correctly without messing
with  KDE4.
Also the second question is who is going to maintain Qt3 ?
Is there a fork maintain by TDE maintainer ? (i'm not sure it's still
maintained by Nokia :/ )
> If now this is no longer the case then I don't really see the point in
> participating in Mageia as packager.
Hum ?
The only reason to get a mageia was only to import TDE & not because we're a
funny team ?

--
Balcaen John