[Mageia-dev] Non-free firmwares in installer

Thorsten van Lil tvl83 at gmx.de
Fri Mar 25 09:39:16 CET 2011

Am 25.03.2011 09:23, schrieb Buchan Milne:
> Maybe for you. Maybe for me. But, the*real*  question is, would this discourage some of our target market from using our distribution.
>
> IOW, we*must*  get community input (after documenting some proposals).

Maybe we should postpone this question.
Let us release Mageia1 with two DVDs (one 32bit and one 64bit) and maybe
with a live medium. Mageia1 won't be a big step but tries to be a solid
fundamental for our further work, so no need to make a final decision now.
What about a large survey after Mageia1 which concentrates not only on
Mageia user but the linux community at all (advertise this survey in
linux media/newsprotals). Ask them, what they expect from a distribution
or what they miss (yes I know not an easy task, need of standardized
questions/possible answers). I think that could be really interesting,
which doesn't mean that we have to implement every wish they have.

Regards,
Thorsten