[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 12:07:28 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 11:33, Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org> wrote:
> Quote: rdalverny wrote on Fri, 25 March 2011 10:53
>> If you can't work here by that, or if you are not happy with how
>> things go here, you are free to discuss this openly with members of
>> the council or of the board to sort it out.
>
> Is there a procedure for that somewhere?
> I would think such discussions are supposed to happen on the MLs (rather
> than in private) and given that board/council members posted in this
> thread I would assume that this discussion is happening here.

That's still a discussion, where views and directions are given. No
strict decision.

Because I'm a board member does not mean that everything I say in any
discussion is a de-facto board view/decision (thankfully). It can hint
about what my views are and how I would express them in a board
meeting; but it doesn't mean that this will necessarily be what I'll
vote for either.

> Are you saying that the members of the council that posted here in this
> thread would give a different answer if I contacted them formally (how?)
> as members of the council?

Not necessarily, but it can happen.

As a reminder:
 - council meeting/decisions are made by team representatives, that
express their team's views;
 - board meeting/decisions are made by board members, that express
their own views, with consideration given to the council (hence teams)
and community views at large + project objectives & means.

That does not prevent individual members of each, out of these
instances, to express their own views, without these having the force
of a rule at once (again, thankfully).

> I have no problem co-maintaining the package (with regards to the devel
> side of it) but I'm not aware of any formal procedure to take maintenance
> of a package.
> Is there such a procedure formalized somewhere?

See that with your mentor.

Romain