[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Fri Mar 25 12:14:16 CET 2011

Quote: rdalverny wrote on Fri, 25 March 2011 11:56

> A choice is arbitrary, always. It always says no
> to something. Implying that this would "restrict freedoms of users"
> would be laughable at best, offensive at worst, especially since this
> is an open source project.

You seem to be confusing different concepts here, just because a project is
based on open source software that doesn't automatically guarantee that the
community based on it is a community that values freedom.
My concerns here are exactly because I'm getting the feeling that freedom
is being unnecessarily restricted in Mageia.

And no a choice is definitely not always arbitrary. Choices can be forced
by unsurmountable limitations or technical incompatibilities or they can
be arbitrary (i.e. not objectively necessary).

> > In the early days a 'contrib' repo was suggested for not
> > officially
> > supported packages (I was for that idea too), this would be a good
> > situation where a 'contrib' repo would solve this matter for
> > everyone.
>
> Please open a bug for that if you think it's worth discussing it
> again.

Is that now the procedure for this?

I would also appreciate it, if you could clarify the procedures with
regards to the council I asked about in my last reply to you.

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/