[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Fri Mar 25 12:28:45 CET 2011

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011, Tux99 wrote:

> Quote: nicolas vigier wrote on Fri, 25 March 2011 12:08
>
> > Because we want to be sure that nothing is built on this library.
>
> So you are arbitrarily making life harder to people like Xavier and
> myself.

And you want to arbitrarily make life a lot harder to people who want
to make sure the distribution is not based on obsolete and unmaintained
software.

On the other hand, rebuilding a qt3 package yourself takes a few
minutes.

> > And you still didn't explain why you want it, if it's not to build
> > software based on it.
>
> Of course I want to build sw based on it, I said so in the first post of
> this thread, but that doesn't automatically imply that t this software
> will be in the Mageia repos (that's a separate issue).

You're building other software, but you can't rebuild a qt3 package
yourself ?