[Mageia-dev] Freeze push request: flash-player-plugin

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Sun May 15 12:57:08 CEST 2011

2011/5/15 Maarten Vanraes <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com>:
> Op zondag 15 mei 2011 11:37:48 schreef Zézinho:
>> >
>> > this is in non free ( 32 Bit repo only )
>>
>> So 64bit does not get flash, as only repo core i586 is added at x86_64
>> installs.
>>
>> What should we do?
>>
>> - create a package for x86_64 beta version?
>> - activate repo non-free 32bit on 64bit?
>
> iirc 64bit installs have core32 added and enabled by default

Yes, but having a 64-bit package is better. The 64-bit plugin "Square"
(http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10_square.html) has been
tested since November 2010 and I haven't read about any problems. I've
been using it on several machines on Mandriva and Mageia.
So, although it may be nice to have a rpm (as I have been told
yesterday), instead of using a 32-bit rpm on a 64-bit machine I'd
always recommend using the 64-bit version from adobe. The installation
is no astrophysics.

--
wobo