[Mageia-dev] Possible workaround of bug related to Orphans: need opinions

Marcello Anni marcello.anni at alice.it
Fri May 27 14:49:11 CEST 2011

> 2011/5/27 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:
> > Le vendredi 27 mai 2011 à 12:43 +0200, Marcello Anni a écrit :
> >
> >> i'm only trying to improve the distro as all of you, a kind attitude is
always
> >> appreciated. In plus, in bugzilla you didn't explain the reasons of your
> >> choice, i had to wait for thomas to know that ISOs are in a building
stage (i
> >> update my system even today and i don't know when updates have been
pushed).

> > Then, we may have a communication problem, as we displayed on a lot of
> > place that we do the release soon. Anne posted a mail here with
> > informations, we published the planning, etc.

no (as i explain below), the communication is ok, is the kindness and the
explanation of Anne that disappointed me.

> > Yet, it seems people didn't get the message, so there is likely
> > something to improve.
>
> Pls don't generalize :)
> To my impression people (same generalisation) did get the message
> about Final Freeze and all that. Especially people reading this list
> here or other lists like marcomm, artwork, i18n. Experiences of us all
> show that it is impossible to spread an information in a way that
> there will not be those few users who did not get it.
>
> --
> wobo

but in fact i know that we are in freeze, but i see also that some packages
(e.g. mageiaonline) continue to be improved for release, so i think that there
is still some time. maybe i'm wrong but i don't see the reason to answer so
rude

>Thiery wrote:
> please stop that, I told you a month ago in Comment 5 "that would need
changes
> in urpmi too, which is a bit invasive at this stage".

but do you consider a change in a language string as a difficult change? i don't
have technical skills but i don't think so...

cheers,
Marcello