[Mageia-dev] Possible workaround of bug related to Orphans: need opinions

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:59:25 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 14:49, Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it> wrote:
> no (as i explain below), the communication is ok, is the kindness and the
> explanation of Anne that disappointed me.

Note to self for next time: take a photo of ennael handing a huge sign
"It's freeze time!" with a large smile + a link to a tutorial that
explains what that means for everyone - and put it in a corner of all
mageia.org web sites.

> but in fact i know that we are in freeze, but i see also that some packages
> (e.g. mageiaonline) continue to be improved for release,

Not improved, but fixed. Because this one is release critical - this
has nothing to do with a cosmectic change.

> but do you consider a change in a language string as a difficult change? i don't
> have technical skills but i don't think so...

No, but being in freeze disregards totally that a change is trivial
(changing the string) or not (fixing the behaviour). It's not a
release critical bug, so it just does not get on the table past the
freeze date. And even less (because there are exceptions) when the
release time is approaching.

Romain