[Mageia-dev] Providing 32-bit flash-player-plugin in x86_64 nonfree?

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 18:36:48 CEST 2011

On 5 June 2011 12:51, Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com> wrote:
> Le 2011-06-05 03:59, Kira a écrit :
>>
>> 在 Sun, 05 Jun 2011 13:25:59 +0800, Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>寫道:
>>>
>>> I have just installed Mageia on a 64 bit and the 64bit Flash .rpm is
>>> quite painless from the Adobe site.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Marc
>>>
>> The major problem is that Adobe seems don't like we to distribute
>>
>> the 64-bit version.....
>>

> Sorry, I just rechecked my flash and it is the 32bit version. My fault. But
> the bottom line is that it works for now.
>
> As for the Adobe "Square" preview, I don't think the 64bit version will
> suffor for too long in preview release as most of the machines being sold
> today are 64bit. I don't think that Adobe will sit on the sucess of their
> 32bit product and ignore the 64bit version.
>
> For now the 32bit version works on Firefox 64bit and eventually the 64bit
> version will be released in .rpm for us to install. We just have be patient.
>
> Cheers
>
> Marc

The problem is, the 64bit version has been a "preview" version since
last November, whereas the 32bit has received many releases since
then, including numerous sec/bug fixes... yet we can't banish hope
that we'll see a stable 64bit Flash player before the end of this
millenni^W century. :)

--
Ahmad Samir