[Mageia-dev] Providing 32-bit flash-player-plugin in x86_64 nonfree?

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Sun Jun 5 21:55:57 CEST 2011

Ahmad Samir a écrit :

> On 5 June 2011 12:51, Marc Paré<marc at marcpare.com>  wrote:
>> Le 2011-06-05 03:59, Kira a écrit :
>>>
>>> 在 Sun, 05 Jun 2011 13:25:59 +0800, Marc Paré<marc at marcpare.com>寫道:

>>> The major problem is that Adobe seems don't like we to distribute
>>>
>>> the 64-bit version.....
>>>

>> Sorry, I just rechecked my flash and it is the 32bit version. My fault. But
>> the bottom line is that it works for now.
>>
>> As for the Adobe "Square" preview, I don't think the 64bit version will
>> suffor for too long in preview release as most of the machines being sold
>> today are 64bit. I don't think that Adobe will sit on the sucess of their
>> 32bit product and ignore the 64bit version.
>>
>> For now the 32bit version works on Firefox 64bit and eventually the 64bit
>> version will be released in .rpm for us to install. We just have be patient.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Marc
>>

> The problem is, the 64bit version has been a "preview" version since
> last November, whereas the 32bit has received many releases since
> then, including numerous sec/bug fixes... yet we can't banish hope
> that we'll see a stable 64bit Flash player before the end of this
> millenni^W century. :)

That makes 6 months -- so it seems likely that we should expect a final version soon.
Adobe is probably being (overly) cautious.
In any case, it is easy to install the Linux version, in tar format -- just decompress in to the
plugin folder of the browser.
(e.g. ~/mozilla/firefox/ for firefox)

--
André