[Mageia-dev] [systemd] keyboard shortcut to show jobs during boot

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Sat Apr 7 21:22:35 CEST 2012

in order to investigate hangs or slow boots or whatever, it would be useful to
have some kind of key combination that lists the current systemd jobs and
where it's hanging/waiting or whatever

either that or detect a hang an spawn some kind of emergency login somewhere

actually, if i'm really pulling out my want-to-have book, howabout a tty that
(until it can actually get a tty), shows an top like watch of current jobs in
systemd, where you can force some kind of process, ie: killing it, or letting
all the dependant ones go through.

perhaps that could be on the tty that would eventually always become a tty (as
i remember we talked about)

let's say that tty12 gets the kernel logging, then tty11 could show first
dracut/udev stuff, then proceed with systemd jobs, and when it can get a tty,
to be reserved for tty. (all the others could be reserved for graphicals then)

that way, no matter what happens, you get some nice info/tty availability.

ok, give all this nice-to-have...

is there a way we can find out why a boot hangs? is there some logging we can
check in a rescue or ...?