[Mageia-dev] [Mageia-discuss] Handbooks - the lot

Dimitrios Glentadakis dglent at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 11:44:24 CEST 2012

Στις 12 Απριλίου 2012 7:50 π.μ., ο χρήστης Wolfgang Bornath <
molch.b at googlemail.com> έγραψε:

> 2012/4/11 Dimitrios Glentadakis <dglent at gmail.com>:
> > Στις 11/04/2012 19:11:55 Wolfgang Bornath γράψατε:
> kind of

> now if it takes a lot of place anyone can delete this folder from his
> system.
> >>
> >> We are not talking about deleting data from the harddisk. We are
> >> talking about installing and uninstalling, not just deleting. The
> >> issue is to avoid the installation (if not wanted) and consequently
> >> avoid updates.
> >>
> >> I expected the discussion about the technical options to be quite long
> >> and not at all trivial, I did not expect such a discussion about the
> >> "why". There are valid use cases which answer the "why" quite clear
> >> and simple.
> >>

> > I dont understand very well.
>
> Yes, I see.
>
> > - We dont have a lot of space so we want to be able to uninstall some
> software and it has to be the documentation as the most unwanted ?
> > - We want for a question of free choice to be able to choose if we want
> the documentation to be installed or not ? but this has to be the same for
> all kde software and dependencies, why is the documentation the problem.
>
> We have been talking about handbooks because they are single packages
> (not included in the software package) which are not needed/wanted by
> everybody and they are not necessary to run the software.
>
> > Dont forget that is a part of KDE and it has a global shortcut F1 to
> access it. If there is a case that it will be not available until the user
> install it in a additionally way, it breaks the upstream software.
>
> The important word in your sentence is "if". This does not apply to
> simple applications like kcalc or some simple games or whatever you
> may regard as "simple apps". And as said before: it does not break the
> upstream software.

I don't agree, i consider the handbook as a part of the application, and
for me a KDE installation without the handbooks it is a broken installation.
My opinion is that the person who does nt want it has to uninstall it and
not that the person who want it has to install it

> > It is truth that i spend a lot of time to translate documentation, and i
> do it with love, so it is normal that i have a preference in their
> existence in the system; certainly i cannot use this argument here.
>
> Yes, you have to live with that like we all have to. I already said that.

Yes i have to ...IF finally a such decision will be taken

--
Dimitrios Glentadakis