[Mageia-dev] Perl MIDI:ALSA module (package suggestion for Mageia)

tux99-mga at uridium.org tux99-mga at uridium.org
Sat Dec 8 14:43:47 CET 2012

Hi,
Thanks to Peter Billam there is now a Perl module that gives Perl
complete access to the ALSA MIDI library therefore allowing to easily
create programs in Perl that inteface with MIDI capable synthesizers.

I have packaged up this Perl module for Centos 6 and I think it should
be straightforward to port the Centos 6 spec-file to Mageia, but since
I'm not a Mageia packager (and can't be due to lack of time) I wanted to
bring this to your attention with the hope that a Mageia packager picks
this up and adds this very useful package to Mageia.

Here are the Centos 6 files:

Spec-file:
http://pkgrepo.linuxtech.net/el6/testing/spec-files/perl-MIDI-ALSA.spec

Source RPM:
http://pkgrepo.linuxtech.net/el6/testing/source/perl-MIDI-ALSA-1.16-1.el6.src.rpm

Binary RPMS:
http://pkgrepo.linuxtech.net/el6/testing/i686/perl-MIDI-ALSA-1.16-1.el6.i686.rpm
http://pkgrepo.linuxtech.net/el6/testing/x86_64/perl-MIDI-ALSA-1.16-1.el6.x86_64.rpm

If you are curious to see what can be done with the MIDI::ALSA Perl
module have a look at a program I wrote with it:
http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5915

Regards,
Andy