[Mageia-dev] ANN: Upgrading from Mageia 2 via urpmi

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Dec 9 14:19:07 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 09/12/12 12:18 did gyre and gimble:
>> > What is needed is to add some directories and then the network will start
>> > /var/run/netreport

Hmm, even on my mga2 system, I have the following in
/etc/tmpfiles.d/initscripts.conf:

d /var/run/netreport 0775 root root -

This should mean that on a fresh boot, the folder should be created for
you on boot by systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service.

>> > /var/lock/subsystem/network

Actually, re the latter one in the list there, are you sure about it?

I have no such folder on my Mga2 systems nor my Mga3 one.

Are you perhaps referring to a /var/lock/subsys/network file?

So I'm a little confused as to why you needed to create these by hand :s